The Office of Institutional Research Innovation and development (IRID)
The Office of Institutional Research Innovation & Development (IRID) is an outfit established with the mandate to carry out three main functions:
1) support the information and planning needs of MIST
2) identify and leverage innovative technologies for teaching and learning, research, and institutional administration.
3) explore and develop innovative platforms and relationships for the institutional advancement of MIST.
Abdullahi Mohammad-Sani, Phd
Excellence in the provision of enabling technology solutions for teaching, learning, research and institutional administration.
Mission and Strategy
1. Enrich the research, teaching and learning environment at the Institute by providing faculty, researchers, staff and students with technology resources and services that are:
· Easy to use
· Well-matched to their needs
· Contribute effectively to the achievement of the Institute’s goals
2. Provide an enabling technology infrastructure for ubiquitous and convenient access to computing resources, facilitating teaching, learning & research, as well as institutional administration
3. Extend the effectiveness of our distributed environment by facilitating collaboration among and between departments and IITS; provide enabling technologies that support delegation of authority with appropriate controls.
4. MIST cultural transformation – Embed an IT culture of transparency, engagement, and partnership
Innovation - We are an organization built on the power of creative thought.
Communication - We are committed to meaningful, honest, and rigorous communication with our partners and our community.
Teamwork - We believe our expertise is most valuable when we work as a team to implement solutions.
Empowerment - We empower one another through open dialogue, compassion, and trust.
Accountability - We take responsibility for both our successes and our failures.
Ethical Conduct & Behavior - We subscribe to ethical conduct and behavior
Dr. Abdulai graduated from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), with a PhD. in Information and Telecommunications Technology. He received his Masters in Computer Science and Bachelor Degree in Mathematics/Physics from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology and the University of Cape Coast, Ghana, respectively. Read More
Office of the vP-iRID
Tel: +233 030 396 5761