The Madina Institute of Science and Technology(MIST) invite’s applications from suitably qualified persons for appointment as Senior Lecturers in:
A. School of Engineering (Civil Engineering and Oil and Gas option)
B. School of Business and Technology (Accounting, Banking and Finance option)
The successful candidate shall be responsible for;
1. Promoting the teaching and learning of courses under the programme in the department, following the approved course guidelines.
2. Helping students realize and develop their full potential in their programmes of study.
3. Examining students in accordance with the academic time table and regulations of MIST.
4. Helping to train the students to become excellent academics as well as responsible citizens, dedicated to the service of their communities and the nation.
5. Mentoring Assistant Lecturers and Teaching Assistants in the department.
Qualification of candidate:
1. Must hold a PhD in any of the following Engineering and Administration programmes: Civil, Electrical, Oil and Gas and Administration.
2. Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to organize the human and material resources of the School to achieve its objectives and the overall vision of the Institute.
3. Must be able to link up the various departments in the School with the appropriate industries.
4. Must be impartial and able to make sound judgments.
5. Must be highly innovative.
6. Research and contribution to knowledge with at least five (5) publications.
7. A minimum of four (4) years’teaching/research experience
Terms of the Appointment
1. The appointment is full-time with attractive salary and allowances.
Mode of Application:
A qualified candidate should submit an application letter with the following:
a. A curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of two referees;
b. Copies of all relevant certificates and academic transcripts;
c. A list of published works (journal articles, book chapters, books etc.);
d. A one-page statement of candidate’s vision for MIST.
Applicants should submit two (2) copies of the application under Registered Cover to the addresses below;
The Vice-President, Academic Affairs
Madina Institute of Science and Technology
P.O. Box CT 10159
Deadline: Friday,31st August, 2017
Telephone: +233 303 932887.